“SURVEY AGENT” JOB OFFER w/ HORIZON POLLS, LLC aka HORIZON EVALUATION SERVICES a SCAM
HORIZON POLLS, LLC aka HORIZON EVALUATION SERVICES
1009 N Washington Street, Spokane, WA 99201
785 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR 97401
and Tacoma, WA 98406
Ph: 866-379-6091 FAX (866) 653-7884
A job scam using a Spokane, WA address (and other addresses, too) has come onto your BBB’s radar. The scam randomly emails people who post their resumes online (at such places as CareerBuilder.com) the offer of a “Survey Agent” position with the promise of making $1500-$3000 weekly. This scam is:
1) Using bogus addresses in various places throughout the NW
2) Using an 866# that has connections to other Nigerian-type scams
3) Offering a too-good-to-be-true salary for little or no experience
4) Misrepresenting that it is affiliated with or endorsed by the BBB. It is not.
A woman from Atlanta, GA brought this scam to BBB’s attention. She received the email below in response to her resume being posted online, but luckily did her research first before responding:
From: "Horizon Polls LLC" <email@example.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:20:03 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Open Position, Details Enclosed.
We got your resume from an online resume distribution service and we'll
like to offer you a Job with our Company after thorough review of your
HORIZON POLLS LLC is a well established Evaluating Firm located in Spokane, Washington. Our Primary Business is to provide exceptional Customer Service Evaluation. Our company is solely responsible for hiring survey agents and recommending them to our Clients. The clients are companies that have a wide network of
businesses across America, most of our clients have retail outlet in major cities across America. What your job (Survey Agent's Position)
entails is to conduct surveys at any of our client's retail outlet assigned to you. you will be patronizing their business and conducting
a survey at the same time which mostly is in regards to the customer relationship their staffs offer.
We will therefore like to offer you the job position as a survey Agent to conduct customer service surveys in your area.
Your Job will involve you providing feedback to us about the customer experience at any client's locations. Companies use this survey for
many reasons. During a typical survey session, you will make observations at a specific store/office, restaurant, or other type of
location, while acting like an average customer.
A typical survey report will include:
1) How long it took you to get services.
2) Smartness of the attendant
3) Customer service professionalism
Most companies employ our expertise when people give complaints about their services, or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service. Your Identity would be kept confidential as a safety measure. You will receive $300 on each survey you conduct at any time for any of our clients, and with the number of clients we currently work with, you could be conducting as much as 5-10 surveys weekly, which will earn you between $1500-$3000 weekly. That means you can earn about $78,000/year doing part time.
Our clients include:
ACME Check Cashing
Western Union America
No commitment is involved, no startup fees, no paperworks, and you would have flexible working hours.
If you are interested, email me your full name, address and phone number, so that we can add your mailing address to our Regional
City State Zip Code
Home phone & Cell phone.
Once we receive this information and confirm your interest, we will introduce you to our clients immediately.
A swift acknowledgment of this email will be appreciated.
Alvin Gray, Horizon Polls LLC
1009 N Washington Street,
Spokane WA 99201
This e-mail was sent by Horizon Polls LLC, located at 795 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR 97401 (USA). To receive no further e-mails, please reply to this e-mail with "unlist" in the Subject line.
SCAM JOB OFFER POSTED AT CAREERBUILDERS.COM
BBB has filed an Abuse Report with Career Builders regarding this listing. You can, too! Do so right at the page where this scam offer is posted. We’re hoping they will remove it ASAP.
Proof that This Very 866# is Connected to Other Nigerian-type Scam Offers:
Prestige Group Ltd
National Network Building
744 Broad Street
Newark Jersey NJ 07102
Ph: 1 866 379 6091
Fax: 1 973 741 2447
ANOTHER ONLINE JOB SCAM WARNING: ABS Consulting, Looking for “Internet Independent Workers” as Mail Assistants
TIP #3 at http://spokane.bbb.org/article/bbb-weekly-tips-you-can-trust-for-the-week-august-3-2009-11816
A job seeker should refuse any employment opportunity that involves:
· Using your personal bank account: Never agree to deposit checks or money orders or to have money wired into your bank account, for any reason. Also don’t forward money from your account to another account, even if you are promised reimbursement. The checks or money orders will be counterfeit and the wire transfers will eventually be rescinded.
· Paying money out of your pocket: You should not have to pay a fee to learn the details of a job, secure job-placement assistance, obtain a “background” or “identity” screening or accept an employment offer.
· Re-shipping products: Stolen credit cards are typically involved. Victims spend their own money to re-ship products and are “reimbursed” with counterfeit checks or money orders.
· Divulging private information: Legitimate businesses do not ask prospective employees to provide their birth date, Social Security number, or a copy of their driver’s license or passport.
· Cross-border action: Offers from entities located outside the United States and Canada are typically suspect. While there are BBBs across the U.S. and Canada to help investigate businesses in North America, it is much harder to develop information on businesses located in other countries.
To further guard against identity theft, BBB advises job-hunters to refrain from including their Social Security Number, birth date, or college graduation date in resumes that are posted online. Consider posting you resume anonymously and providing an e-mail address as your primary contact rather than your home address or phone number.
Job seekers are urged to check out all prospective employers, job recruiters, placement firms and other employment opportunities with BBB by visiting www.bbb.org to find out if the business is legitimate and can be trusted.